Updated: May 4, 2019
Are you uncertain which one is right? where and how to use it? Even though the difference is slightly considerable , Here’s a quick-reference to help you out :
* Synonyms: Remember,bear in mind,take into account, take into consideration...
* Meaning: To consider a thought, an idea or to choose quickly an option. It usually refers to a short process of thinking.
*Exp: -Think of the people in Africa suffering from water scarcity.
- That is our new colleague, I cant think of his name.
-Think of a number between 1 and 5 .
* Synonyms: contemplate, consider, ponder
* Meaning: It conveys the meaning of having something on one's mind. It usually refers to a long process of thinking or an abstract idea.
*Exp: -What are you thinking about?
-I can't decide what to have for dinner.
-I'm thinking about the meaning of life.
*Think of / Think about are used sometimes as synonyms when talking about opinion:
Exp: What do you think of/about my idea?
*Pay attention to the context : the most important factor is the process of thinking itself (long/short process ) to express correctly the idea.